Saturday, August 26, 2006

Prayers are requested

I did not go to Louisville, and I'm suppose to be at work now, but during my limited attempt at slumber last night, I got a call. It was about 3:45 this morning when my married friend called me. It started off as a decent "how have you been", "I'm heading home from being out with a friend thought I'd say hi", the usual catch up stuff. This went on for a few minutes, then she had to let me go to go see her husband on his break, but requested to call me back after that. Being the great guy I am, no problem. I don't sleep much anyway, and it sounded like she missed talking to me. So, 15 minutes later or so, she calls me back. I ask how everything is going, and she lets slip that her husband has to go in for an MRI this week. I can't remember if I posted this before, but he has/had cancer. To my understanding it is mostly under control, but they live with the reality that he could just drop any time. He has been having pains in the site of the cancer again, and they are understandably worried. After hearing this, sleep was pretty much non-existant, and of course I offered my support and wish her the best with everything. Please keep my friend and her husband your prayers to whatever diety you worship.

Thank you

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger KJ said...

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your friends

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

My prayers and thoughts are with your married friend. Sometimes life can really suck butt honey!! Hope your weekend improves and you get some sleep!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home