Saturday, August 12, 2006

I feel like I should be old and broken

The first time I have plans in months, and I'm physically ill. I fucking hate my family for all having the same problem. To put it mildly, I have a very week stomach, produce too much stomach acid, and when it acts up, I get ill very easily. Its kinda like being hung over without the fun night out. I'm hoping that the meds kick in early enough for me to at least go out for a little while, but I'm thinking its not going to happen. I really need a good drunken night out, to meet some people, enjoy life, etc, but drinking tends to make it worse, then I get the real hangover.

Still no love on the horizon (see the comment above about going out), the few friends that know me and I was going to let set me up have failed me horribly. I'm not waiting for them to do all the work for me, but with the way my job is kicking me in the nuts again, a little help would be nice (I know its opposite of some things I've said in the past).

I'm feeling slightly down today. A combination of working long hours, including today, feeling sick, and a dream that I just can't quite remember, but caused me to awaken somewhat bothered. I know I've had dreams about the ex, the married friend, family, and a yet to be named friend in the last week, and they've all been bad. Maybe thats part of cause of my insomnia, fear of sleep.

Aside from that, I've decided to maintain my current position for the time being, basically unless I am floored by another offer. I am also probably going to start my masters in the spring. I'm also starting to look for some land, and if everything falls into place, open up my own place, a little theme bar/coffee shop/electronics/etc. Not 100% sure of what direction to go, and keep changing my mind, but I'm ready to do something new and exciting.

hope the rest of you are making your way through the weekend a little better than I. If I do end up out, and anything exciting comes up, I'll share tomorrow.

edit#1 I just split my fucking ear, another great addition to my day. I guess I got a little more sun than I thought, earlobe burned and now split and bleeding. Its always stupid little things that go wrong leading up to major issues, so any guesses on what will happen next?

7 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

Hoping you feel better and more postive soon!
Blessings!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger The Volpinator said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't feel well today...that sucks! Hopefully, you recovered enough to go out on the town! Everyone needs those nights!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger KJ said...

*sigh*

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger ThatGuy said...

What is the sigh for? you wanna drag me out sometime?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger ThatGuy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger da buttah said...

I'll drag you out.

Nexium. I have an ucler, I know what the fun of having too much acid in your stomach is (and blood..woo!), and nexium helps a lot.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger ThatGuy said...

Prilosec is my drug of choice at the moment, waiting for the effect to kick in (week or so). Nexium is the next choice if this doesn't work. So where are we going? I need someone to drag me out sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home