Thursday, August 31, 2006

Long Weekend

I have a 4 day weekend. Good for me. I need a few days off. Of course, my long weekend of not being at work includes being on call, possibly having to go in on Saturday, and a ton of manual labor to work on my house/yard. I am getting some help, but it still sucks a big donkey shlong. I need a nice relaxing weekend on the couch with a nice woman and a few drinks. Lots of movies, lounging, cuddling up, relaxing, no cares, just enjoying time together.

I have a cookout "party" that I am suppose to go to on Sunday. It is intended to be pool and yard games and drinking and making fun of the drunks kinda thing, but its been cold and raining for the last week, so i'm not sure whats going on, or if i'm going to go. Its coworkers and former coworkers, so its not a big thing to me either way. Maybe I can get a date or something and have a good reason to skip it, or bring them and get everyone off my back to get out and looking for a woman again. Of course, I could try to get that and skip the cookout to work on my first choice.

I just want to sleep in tomorrow. Thats all. I have officially been given the new project in my plant, and I'm going to be back to really long days again soon. I need to catch up before I break down again. I'm so high in demand, it really is a good thing and the whole job security thing isn't a bad feeling.

The ex called today. I was at work and didn't pick up the phone. She left a message about getting together, and in the way she was talking, it seems that she has moved and/or moved in with the new boyfriend. Lucky him. Kinda sucked, maybe i'm wrong, and obviously i still have some feelings of hurt/missing her/wishing we were together, but I think I handled it relatively well, and good for her if she is happy, that was what i wanted all along. Now I just need to work on getting me to fully happy.

Not sure if I will be on here over the weekend, so I'll offer a premature wish of enjoyment on the long weekend to y'all. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight.

4 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Blessed said...

I hope you have a fantastic
weekend! I hope you get plenty of rest and plenty of fun!
Chin up.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger KJ said...

The thought of laying around, watching movies and doing nothing sounds perfect

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Dial-Up Princess said...

Have a great weekend...

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger erika said...

Sometimes no plans are the best way to go but the movies and cuddling sounds good to me.

Have a great weekend

 

Post a Comment

<< Home