Wednesday, October 18, 2006

So I've been thinking again

I know, scary shit, but I gotta put this out there. I bitch about my life a lot on here, and a co-worker recently told me very bluntly that I need to get over it and just go forward, that I have the "world by the balls and just need to take advantage of it". So here is the issue in my head...

I have lived a relatively easy life. My parents are still married. They never got into fights. I was never molested, never had the negative things happen to me while growing up. The worst things that has happened to me was a breakup, and I couldn't handle it becuase I did not know how to deal, in no small part due to the fact that I didn't have to work through issues growing up. Why do I feel like I missed out or do not fit in because I do not have those issues in my background? I lived what should be considered a "normal" life, and yet I feel like the minority. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I didn't, but does it make me a little odd to feel like I'm not normal on account of this?

3 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude I had a fucked up family life growing up and I couldn't get over a certain break-up. Sometimes it's just hard to let go and nothing can prepare you to lose something you think you will have for the rest of your life. That being said... get over it. :)

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger erika said...

Ya know my brother was like you. Everything feel in his lap. Things came easy to him. When his wife left him he didn't know what to do. I would say to both of you...be happy that bad things didn't happen to you. Don't take life for granted it is passing you by right now.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Everyone has their own story to tell. Everyone feels emotional and phsyical pain differently. Everyone has their own way of dealing with it. I have to agree with Erika don't take life for granted it is passing by, very quickly. You are just as normal as the rest of us, regardless of our life stories.

Have a great weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home