Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekly updates

I'm working a lot again right now, so for those of you that still stop by, updates will probably be weekly for the next month or so, then i'll try to have a life for a while and get something more interesting to write about.

In the past week, i've had some really interesting run in's with women.

The roomates girlfriend. I've found out i'm not the only one that dislikes her. All his other good friends dislike her. He even sees the signs that this is a doomed relationship. he's in love with being in love, and thats all that matters, so i've decided to let it work itself out, and it will fail, and I won't look like the bad guy.

My friends signed me up for an online dating thing. I haven't really paid that much attention, returned a few e-mails, that kind of thing until this week. Someone with a cute picture, and seemingly normal information started talking to me, so I talked back. a few e-mails, than a IM service. Within a day of the IM's (second conversation, first of more than 3 lines), she asked for money to "get home". Fucking scams. Now how stupid or desperate would i have to be to send money to someone I've just started speaking too, that has never seen a picture, or actually spoken other than e-mail/IM. Just kinda annoyed.

My most recent (actually last night) is a little more humorous. I don't go out much, but we have visitors from Louisiana, and it was St. Patrick's day, so we went to the local bar. It was a little packed, and the service was slow, but I had a good time and will be going out a little more often, just to keep from becoming a hermit again. Now the fun stuff. My old boss stopped in to see his daughter and son, since he moved recently and they still live in the area. After talking for a few minutes, he goes about his business, but returns before he leaves to tell me his daughter thinks I'm cute. I am not really thinking she's my type, but at least i'm getting some attention, so it was ok. I was informed later by a former co-worker of her's, that she's a little (lots) nuts, so i'm glad I stayed away. Now a little later, i'm standing by our table talking to my group, when an older lady (older than me anyway) who looked a little worn in, bumps into me, appologizes, and proceeds to drag me away with her in hopes that I would leave with her that quickly. I thanked her and excused myself back to my group, but how often does falling into sex that easily happen?

Anyway, I seem to meet mostly way younger (17-20) or way older (36-44) than me women these days, or ones that are taken. The only one that was in the right bracket, had a bit of a distance thing that made it difficult. My psychologist friend decided to do a quick anylizing of me and deems me ready for a relationship, but that I won't find anything until summer of fall. So I guess I've got that to look forward to.

I'm out, i've got a pizza and paperwork calling my name.

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Distance bites

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger erika said...

Glad your going out and having some fun! When you are ready you will know. Don't worry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home